These unprecedented times have worsened housing crises, with a wave of evictions predicted to occur after the moratoria and CARES Act support expires. The Domestic Violence and Housing TA Consortium (DVHTAC) has compiled the resources below to help.
*These resources are being updated regularly. Last update 9/27/21*
CDC Eviction Moratorium
On September 1st, the CDC announced a national eviction moratorium to take place from September 4th through December 31, 2020. The eviction moratorium has been extended through March 31, 2021. The following resources have additional information and context about the CDC Eviction Moratorium.
- Official notice from the CDC
- CDC Fact Sheet
- The National Low Income Housing Coalition has translated the CDC Fact Sheet and the declaration sheet into multiple languages, available here: https://nlihc.org/coronavirus-and-housing-homelessness/national-eviction-moratorium
- A hard copy of the declaration sheet can be requested through NLIHC here.
- NHLP Fact Sheet (updated Jan. 4, 2021): https://www.nhlp.org/
- NLIHC/NHLP FAQ: https://www.nhlp.org/wp-
- NHLP Legal Analysis: https://www.nhlp.
- Comparison of CDC vs. state level moratoria
- Eviction Lab’s Database of State and Local Eviction Moratoriums
- Regional Housing Legal Services’ Eviction Moratorium Maps
- National Low Income Housing Coalition’s Searchable Database/Map of Multifamily Properties Subject to Federal Eviction Moratoriums
- NHLP: End of the CARES Act Moratorium: mini-moratoriums, 30 day notice and eviction legal strategy in the pandemic webinar
Additional COVID Policy
General Legal Protections
- National Coalition for a Civil Right to Counsel
- Stout’s Eviction Right to Counsel Resources
- National Housing Law Project’s Campaign, Protecting Renter and Homeowner Rights During Our National Health Crisis
- National Low Income Housing Coalition’s List of COVID-19 State and Local Rental Assistance Programs
- National Alliance for Safe Housing and National Housing Law Project, Q&A for Housing Providers Working with Survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Strategies for Survivor Advocates Working with Landlords During COVID-19
- Eviction Prevention and Stability Toolkit
- Office of Public and Indian Housing COVID-19 Eviction Prevention and Stability Toolkit
- Office of Multifamily, Promoting Housing Stability During the COVID-19 National Emergency: Information for Multifamily Property Owners and Management Agents
- Office of Multifamily Housing Programs’ Addressing Tenant Concerns During the COVID-19 National Emergency